Episode 7 (BONUS): Live "Apollo Moon Hoax" Talk at Skepticamp
Recap: Stuart gave a live, one-hour talk about the Apollo Moon "Hoax" at the Colorado Springs Skepticamp in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in August 2011. This is the live recording. It has some explicit language.
- Video Sources
- Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? FOX. Perf. Mitch Pileggi. Dir. John Moffet. 2001
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon. Perf. Anne Tonelson. Dir. Bart Sibrel. 2001
- Penn & Teller Bullshit: Conspiracy Theories Showtime. Perf. Penn Jillette and Teller. Dir. Star Pierce. 9 May, 2005.
- Main Debunking Sites
- Photography and Data Sources
- The Wizard of Oz. Perf. Judy Garland and Ray Bolger. Dir. Victor Fleming. 1939.
- NASA Report, Apollo Operations Handbook Lunar Module (LM 10 and SubseNquent) Vol. 1 Subsystems Data. Accessed at: http://www.btinternet.com/~ursine/LMhandbook.pdf.
- Lunar Landing Research Vehicle Fact Sheet
- Apollo Program Budget Appropriations
- Apollo Gallery
- Encyclopedia Astronautica
- Apollo Image Gallery
- Relevant Posts on my "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Blog
There is no transcript as this was a live talk.
Provide Your Comments:
Comments to date: 4. Page 1 of 1. Average Rating:
Rick K. St. Louis MO
8:45am on Friday, June 21st, 2013
What the "predictors" didn't say was more condemning. By the way, was the spelling "back-peddling" deliberate, making a snarky comment about how they earn income?
Stuart Boulder, CO
6:27pm on Friday, October 14th, 2011
I'm glad you liked the talk. Unfortunately, all of the videos are under copyright so I can't post them (I used them in presentations under educational fair use ideas). And most of the slides have transitions within them to make the points. Releasing the still slides would significantly detract from the presentation, so while I've been asked to do that before, I need to decline.
Carnage Location unknown
3:40pm on Friday, October 14th, 2011
The talk was really good. Could you release the slides of the talk?
Chew Old Saybrook, CT
2:26pm on Sunday, October 9th, 2011
Great episode! You covered the major hoax claims perfectly.