Episode 37: Space Law and Extraterrestrial Property Rights, Interview with Nigel and Lady Saint Whitehall
Recap: I interview Lord and Lady Saint Whitehall, two lawyers with pseudonyms, as a follow-up to Episode 27 (Stellar Scams). We discuss the Outer Space Treaty, legal precedents in the relevant areas, and extrapolate to what may need to happen legal-framework-wise in the future as private companies start to exploit extraterrestrial resources.
- Nigel Saint Whitehall's Blog, "The Skeptical Review"
- Additional Resources
- Wired Article the First: "Loophole Could Allow Private Land Claims on Other Worlds"
- Wired Article the Second: "Space Law: Is Asteroid Mining Legal?"
- Wired Article the Third: "How the U.S. Can Lead the Way to Extraterrestrial Land Deals"
- Outer Space Treaty
- UN Convention on the Law of the Sea
- Relevant Posts on my "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Blog
As this was an interview, no transcript is available.
Provide Your Comments:
No comments have been provided.