Episode 99: The Saga of the Lunar Ziggurat
Recap: In July of 2012, I did an analysis of a photo purported to show a genuine ziggurat (a step pyramid) on the Moon. I showed that it was more likely to be a hoax than not. What ensued grew to more than I expected, with name-calling, mud-slinging, various side-claims, and other things that I relate in this live talk I gave twice while in Australia.
Puzzler for Episode 99 [Same as Episode 94]: The equatorial circumference of the earth is 21,600 nautical miles, 24,901.55 miles, or 40,075.16 km. What is the circumference of the moon in nautical miles?
Answer to Puzzler from Episode 94: This puzzler is a continuance and will be addressed in Episode 101.
Q&A: There was no Q&A for this episode.
- Relevant Posts on my "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Blog
- Initial Video Analysis of the Ziggurat
- Richard Hoagland’s Ziggurat on the Moon: Hoax or Fraud, but Not Real
- Mike Bara “to utterly and completly destroy you and your insipid “analysis”" Tonight?
- Mike Bara Defends the Lunar Ziggurat – My Response
- Mike, You Seem to Miss the Point
- Understanding Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Wide-Angle Camera Images
- Kaguya (SELENE / かぐや) Photographs of the Moon, Specifically the Claimed Ziggurat Area
- Where Do Scientists Get Funded?
- Where Is the Lunar Ziggurat, Anyway?
- Let’s Talk About Image Noise and Detail
- Dynamic Range and Shadows
- Final Words on the Lunar Ziggurat? Pareidolia, Language, and Conspiracy
- Announcement Post for This Episode
Transcript: There is no transcript because this was a live talk.
Provide Your Comments:
No comments have been provided.